June 21, 2012

Deadlines

   Today's post will be rather short but hopefully informative.  I've got a lot to do, such as finally type, print, and send off Chapter 4 to a very special lady who happens to be my grandma, and maybe finishing rewriting Chapter 1?  Insert quizzical look here.  Let's hope I can focus like I did last night.


    When I created my list of deadlines on Monday, I did not take into account that I would be out most of the day on Tuesday and yesterday, the 20th.  So, of course, I made the 20th my deadline to finish Chapter Five.  And so, last night from about nine o'clock on, I wrote like a mad-woman.  I was so far in the zone I didn't even get up to check my phone when it buzzed around ten.  With fifteen minutes till midnight, I put down my pen.
     I did it!  I'd cut it incredibly close, but it's done.  Only three hours earlier I wasn't sure could I accomplish it, and here I am sitting at my computer, telling you that I was wrong.  At the moment, I'm on a serious high.  And I'll be running with it only until I can catch the next wave.
     Until I get some more serious work done, I leave you with this little victory.

     Paddling out to find the next epic wave,

NA