June 18, 2012

Those Burning Hot Months in the Middle of the Year

     Hmmm, I'm beginning to think I took too long of a break from blogging.  Well, the past has passed, and I will begin again fresh!  Also with the hopes that I won't have to begin again, again in the future.

     Summer plans, this is what I will be writing about today.

     I have several goals for this summer, which include reading the second book in the Unwind trilogy UnWholly (someone catch me, I think my heart might explode from excitement), spending time with friends, and horseback riding at least once.  But there's only one thing that I will cry over if I don't do it by the end of the summer: finish the Yellow Roses manuscript.
     Yes! I shall do it! I will accomplish it! And my method of making sure I do is simple.
     I've created a schedule.
     I have ten weeks.  Starting today, I will be writing two or three chapters a week until August 25th.  By then, I will have completed the rough draft!  So exciting!  I've already written down what chapters to write during what weeks, and I will be breaking those weeks down into days sometime soon.  Most likely today.  That means I have some more work to do.  Meaning I should really stop writing this post and get a move on.
     Yes, ma'am, sergeant Janelle, ma'am!  (No, I'm not in the military.  I just happen to be responding to the drill instructor in my head.)

     Comment below what your summer plans are.  I'd love to hear of them.

Off to the organizational part of my brain,

NA

3 comments:

Leslie Basil Payne said...

You go girl!
My goal this summer is to read, read, read! Oh, and revise a book proposal.

Hailey B said...

You can do it jellybean! Maybe we can fulfill your wish of riding as well :) My goal is to learn to listen and follow God's will for my life :) And figure out college stuff...lovely college stuff ;)

Janelle Brown said...

Aunt Leslie, besides writing, I'm also gonna be reading and reading too! Summer of words! Woohoo!

Set On Him, ah! That would be amazing! Thanks for the offer. =) Blair also mentioned something like that when I came over last week.
That is an awesome goal. I guess God's will and college go hand in hand, don't they? =)