July 8, 2012

Dark Horse

     I suppose I'm making this blog private so I no longer feel pressure to write.  When I go back and think about it, it was a spur of the moment decision to make it and declare to the world that "I AM A WRITER!"  Yeah, well, that's not really my style.

    I'm in love with the idea of coming out and saying, "Look, ignorant people! I've written and published a book, and you had no clue I could accomplish such a thing!"  Where's the fun in saying "I'm gonna write it.  I'm gonna write it.  I'm gonna write it, " and then when I finish it everyone says, "Oh yes.  She said she was going to do that."
     No.  I'm not the racehorse that prances around before the photographers and reporters, trotting in place and flipping her mane.  I'm the dark horse that plods in, head down and avoids the press.  She stays in the back of the herd for three quarters of the race, waiting patiently for her time.  As the very last moment possible, she pulls away from the pack and over takes the leader.  As she crosses the finish line, she shakes her mane and whinnies joyful up at the sky, praising God for the victory.  But she doesn't stop for the roses to be placed around her neck.  She doesn't pose for the eager photographers.  She flees the screaming crowd and runs for the barn, head down again, and trains in secret until the next race.
     Yes, I am the Dark Horse.  And with God's blessing, I will win the race, not for my own glory, but for His.
     Ever yours,

NA

No comments: