May 19, 2012

Emo Coaster

     Hey, hi, aloha, hello! So, no post in over a week: this is far from desirable.  I can't go back and change the past; thus, I'll say, "I'm overwhelmingly sorry!" and move on.

     I finished rewriting Chapter Three nine days ago, and I've been slowly working on Chapter Four.  I've been rather busy, hence no update, and the progress I'm making on Four is as slow to cross a road as a slug.  Thankfully, I've also written on and off snippets of other chapters as I feel the same emotions my protagonists do.

     I've been riding the roller coaster of emotions, more often than the coaster of writing recently, but it's helped me understand my characters to even greater lengths.  I may be miserable at times, but it's the same misery Ellissa and Walter go through.
     I used to not like my protagonist, Ellissa.  That's changed now as I've grown to understand who she is.  I understand why she loves the open air, why she daydreams certain things, what makes her feel strong and what tears her apart.  I wouldn't be such good friends with her if it wasn't for my pain. (My goodness, it sounds as if I hear voices in my head.  Well, that's partially true.)
     Pain doesn't ever feel good, but it helps me to know that my pain has a purpose.  I'm a mess for a reason, and part of that reason is to understand Ellissa.  The turmoil probably has an even greater roll in my life, but I'm gonna have to wait till God turns to the page in my life explaining it all.  Until then, I'm content with waiting.

     Thinking it sounds like I'm a complete wreck on this blog but I know I'm not in reality,

NA

     P.S.  This is a favorite quote of mine. "[We artists are] here to take [our] problems and completely exploit them. To [heck] with how much we hurt.-pause-Actually, the more you hurt the better." ~ Smash, TV series

2 comments:

Hailey B said...

Oh goodness I think you need to come and get ice cream or tan (well you can tan I'll just fry lol) just something so you can smile!!!

:)<3 me

Janelle Brown said...

Girly, we need to fry together. Soon.