March 29, 2013

Good Friday

01:00 am
To my reader,

     It's one am, and I should be sleeping because I have a morning exam later today.
     Instead, I am thinking about how one of characters will use a brined ham in an escape attempt.
     You read that right.
     A ham.
     I leave you with just a pending exam and a life-saving ham.

This girl with the hyperactive imagination,
Janelle

P.S.
     Today is Good Friday, the day we remember that Jesus was slaughtered like a ham.  Wait, no.  Lamb.  He was slaughtered like a lamb.  He was mocked, whipped, and by the time He was nailed to the Cross, unrecognizable as a human being, like how a lamb is unrecognizable after it has been butchered.  I suppose that description can be applied to a ham too.
     But Jesus is no ham.  Would a ham be willing to walk (if it could) to his own death and stay nailed to a criminal's cross when he could free himself at any moment?  No.  Only Jesus, the perfect Passover Lamb, would endure and did endure that.
     Why?  So we, the ones who deserve such a fate, wouldn't have to.
Thank You, Jesus, for taking my punishment so I can feast with You in heaven.

P.S.  #2
Can I put in a request for ham?

3 comments:

Hailey B said...

:) You have a wild imagination and it's a fun read!

Anonymous said...

and such is what comes from trying to think at 1 in the morning ;) confusing your food with doctrine. haha, it made me laugh :)

Janelle Brown said...

Hailey, haha! Thanks! It's funny what comes out of this imagination of mine when I let it loose. Sometimes it's completely expected.

Hannah, oh yes, thinking at 1 am is a very dangerous activity. Attempt at your own peril.
Thanks! I'm glad it gave you a laugh. =)