April 25, 2012

Aaaaaah! Books!

      I haven't fallen into writer's or blogger's apathy; I've just been busy.  Earlier this week, I was reevaluating Yellow Roses to see what my main priorities for the book were.  It was really good to take a step back.  I was feeling very overwhelmed, and it calmed my mind.
      Besides thinking the story through, I was reading like mad.  The books I ordered came on Monday, and instead of dancing around the living room, I sat down and read through an entire 335 page book that day.

      If you liked the Hunger Games, you'll love Unwind  by Neal Shusterman.  I cried, and my soul was torn to pieces.  It also has an amazing plot.  No holes as far as I could tell.  It's kind of hard to explain what it's about, so I'll just copy from the back cover.  No copyright infringement intended.
      "Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen...parents can have their child 'unwound,' whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end."
      It's a pretty amazing book.  I'd say reader discretion advised, though, not because of violence but it has some pretty weighty stuff in it.
      A lighter story I finished only a few hours ago, The Selection, by Kiera Cass, is an amazing romance, not too mushy.  Just the way I like it.  I can't wait for the second and third book to come out.  I read somewhere that to find out what happens between my favorite characters, I have to wait a year for book two.  Grrrrrrrrr.

     My thoughts are currently wrapped up more in the world of YR than reality right now, so I leave you for a world that exists in my head.

     Pencil and paper in hand,

NA

No comments: